Children find human remains in West Valley City
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah – Police tell us a group of 5 to 13-year-olds were playing in a canal near their home when they stumbled upon a shoe with a bone sticking out of it. A mom called police last weekend when the kids told her about their discovery.
Officers checked in the area of 27th South and 25th West and saw the kids were right. They found what appeared to be human remains caught in a debris pile in the middle of the canal where the aqueduct goes under I-215 and feeds into Decker Lake.
Members of the Utah State Dive team followed up on Monday and recovered the remains of what appears to be an adult man. Police are waiting on the results of the Medical Examiner’s Office report to determine the cause of death and identify the body. They’re hoping for a DNA match.
Detectives have since checked the length of the canal with cadaver dogs, but did not find anything else.
— Caitlin Burchill (@newsyCaitlin) April 27, 2018
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 24105)
- Man arrested in Mexico for murder of Utah radio host (pageviews: 8038)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 6318)
- Charges in crash that killed 3 should not have been dismissed, Utah appeals court says (pageviews: 5386)
- Three car crash closes road in West Valley City (pageviews: 3473)
- Man killed in rollover crash on I-15 in Draper (pageviews: 3334)