Police Continue Search For Suspect In Sandy Murder Investigation
SANDY, Utah – Police are investigating a Tuesday-night shooting that left a woman dead and her husband injured.
Police identified the shooting victims Wednesday afternoon.
The woman was 36 year old Maureen Fiore. The man, who is still recovering, is 38 year old Jeffrey Webster.
The incident happened in the area of 11190 South Hawkwood Drive at approximately 10 p.m.
Sandy City Police confirmed that Fiore was from Colorado. Her husband was transported to the hospital in critical condition, but he has since been upgraded to stable condition.
Investigators continued to gather potential evidence Wednesday after obtaining a search warrant for the home. A shelter-in-place was implemented at Altara Elementary School on Wednesday as a result of the investigation.
Sgt. Jason Nielson said officers responded to the house after receiving a call from the home security company that the house alarm had been triggered. Once police arrived, they found the couple inside with gunshot wounds. They were then taken to Intermountain Medical Center in critical condition, but the woman died early Wednesday morning.
Police are still looking for the shooter and that person’s relationship, if any, to the victims.
“It’s too early in the investigation to speculate, but it does seem like these types of cases don’t just randomly occur, usually,” Nielsen said. “Now, it doesn’t mean that it can’t happen.”
Police said there doesn’t appear to be a break-in related to the shooting, and they said there isn’t a public threat at this time. Detectives are talking with neighbors about any potential surveillance video that could provide further answers.
Anyone with information is urged to call Sandy City Police at 801-568-7200.
- Family members remember, honor two USU plane crash victims (pageviews: 7173)
- UPDATE: Ogden teen found by family (pageviews: 6659)
- 48 migrants die after trailer abandoned in Texas heat (pageviews: 6371)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 6316)
- R. Kelly sentenced to 30 years in sex trafficking case (pageviews: 6069)
- Why this mom’s abortion decision challenged her family’s religious beliefs (pageviews: 4164)