‘Captain Marvel’ Winning The Box Office
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – “Captain Marvel,” starring Brie Larsen, is the first female-led movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe — and it’s dominating at the box office.
It soared to the No. 1 spot on its opening weekend, bringing in more than $153 million domestically and a total of more than $541 million worldwide.
Earning just shy of an additional $40 million in the days following, and with no major competition in the weekend to come, it could very well top the box office for a second weekend.
- Utah boy dies after falling off school slide (pageviews: 19686)
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 9869)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 8132)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 7085)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 5854)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3704)