Mackenzie Lueck’s Timeline: What We Know So Far
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Authorities are continuing to search for missing University of Utah student Mackenzie Lueck.
Here’s the timeline of events as we know them so far.
June 17, 1:35 a.m.
Mackenzie Lueck arrives at Salt Lake International Airport after a visiting California for her grandmother’s funeral.
June 17, 2:01 a.m.
Lueck sends a text message to her mother to tell her she landed safely. She also texts another person. Police are not identifying that person but say he or she is not a suspect.
June 17, 2:09 a.m.
She deplanes, according to time stamp information on Salt Lake International Airport surveillance footage.
June 17, 2:42 a.m.
Mackenzie Lueck books a ride through the Lyft app. She sets her destination for Hatch Park in North Salt Lake.
June 17, 2:59 a.m.
The Lyft driver drops Lueck off at Hatch Park and witnesses her getting into another vehicle. The Lyft driver told police Lueck did not show signs of distress. The Lyft driver has cooperated with authorities and is not under investigation.
June 20, approximately 4 p.m.
Lueck’s family contacts Salt Lake City Police Department to report her missing
Mackenzie Lueck fails to board a flight she had booked to Los Angeles.
Police establish dedicated tip line and urge anyone with information to call it: 801-799-4420. The tipline has taken in more than 200 reports since it was created.
June 26, approximately noon
Police serve a search warrant on a home in the area of 550 North and 1000 West in Salt Lake City
June 26, overnight
Police remove items from the home. Video from Chopper 5 also shows them digging holes in the back yard.
June 27, approximately 5 a.m.
Authorities appear to wrap up bulk of activity at the home, although a police presence remained at the site.
- Broadway Actor Nick Cordero Dies At 41 After Battle With COVID-19 (pageviews: 9890)
- Utah Teen Hospitalized, Battling Severe COVID-19 Symptoms (pageviews: 8901)
- Family Speaks Out After Daughter Was Allegedly Shot, Killed By Estranged Husband (pageviews: 7509)
- Gephardt: COVID-19 Causing Coin Shortage For Utah Retailers, Banks (pageviews: 5095)
- U Of U Researchers Discover Impacts Of COVID-19 On Blood (pageviews: 4517)
- Multiple New Fires Start Amid Fourth Of July Celebrations (pageviews: 4215)
- Black Lives Matter Billboard Vandalized In Draper (pageviews: 3513)
- State Reports 6 New Deaths, 517 New COVID-19 Cases (pageviews: 3283)
- Four Dead After Small Plane Crashes In Utah County (pageviews: 3134)