Police Continue Search For Person Who Shot 15-Year-Old In Park
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah – Authorities are looking for the person who allegedly opened fire on a boy in a park Sunday evening.
According to West Valley City Police, a 15-year-old was shot in the shoulder at West Valley City Park, 4552 W. 3500 South, at approximately 7:50 p.m.
The teen was taken to a hospital and is expected to recover. The shooter has not been located.
Witnesses reported hearing the shot and seeing multiple vehicles leaving the area afterward.
Police said the boy was talking to people in a black SUV. The boy then ran into a field and someone inside the SUV fired several shots in the teen’s direction.
The boy was reportedly alone when authorities arrived.
Officials are asking anyone with information to call West Valley City Police at 801-840-4000.
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12401)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 10261)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5940)
- Live (pageviews: 4921)
- Utah 'trigger law' banning abortion to go into effect after Roe v. Wade overturned (pageviews: 4393)
- BREAKING: Abortion now prohibited in Utah (pageviews: 4001)