Police Searching For Driver In Fatal Utah County Hit & Run
AMERICAN FORK, Utah – Officials with the American Fork Police Department are looking for the driver of a late-2000s white Dodge Ram that was involved in a fatal hit-and-run Monday night.
Lieutenant Josh Christensen with American Fork PD said a 64-year-old man was hit and killed in the area of 280 East Main Street around 8 p.m. Monday.
@afpolice would like to find the driver of this truck who hit and killed a man last night off 280 E. Main St. in American Fork. It's a 2006-2009 Dodge Ram, 4-door long bed, with a utility shell. We're doing a story on this for our @KSL5TV 5 and 6 o'clock newscasts. #ksltv pic.twitter.com/DXW60TBxtT
— Alex Cabrero (@KSL_AlexCabrero) November 19, 2019
Witnesses told police the vehicle did not remain at the scene after the incident.
Christensen said the truck had a cargo/construction-type shell on the bed with double doors on it. The truck likely has damage to the driver’s headlight area.
Christensen also said the area where the incident happened was dark and it is possible the driver did not realize he or she struck a pedestrian and the victim was not in a crosswalk.
The posted speed limit in the area is 25 mph and Christensen said officers did not get any indications that speed was a factor in the crash.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the American Fork Police Department at 801-763-3020 or Central Utah Dispatch at 801-794-3970.
Tuesday afternoon, Christensen said a reward is being offered for any information leading to the arrest and successful prosecution of the individual involved.
- Arizona Police Say They Plan To File Charges Against Lori Vallow (pageviews: 9056)
- Street Painter Sprays Several Neighborhood Cars In West Jordan (pageviews: 7852)
- Wednesday's Child: Austin Finds His Forever Home After 5,449 Days In Foster Care (pageviews: 6801)
- Zoo & Aquarium Animals Reacting In Unexpected Ways During Shutdown (pageviews: 5155)
- State Revises Back-To-School COVID-19 Plan, Removes 'Modified Quarantine' (pageviews: 4408)
- Small Plane With 6 Onboard Crashes In Duchesne County (pageviews: 3598)
- State Revises Back-To-School COVID-19 Plan (pageviews: 3184)
- ‘Mistakes Were Made,’ But Cox Stands By Utah’s COVID-19 Response (pageviews: 2245)
- Ammon Bundy Joins Utah Anti-Mask Battle As Southern Utah Mayors Endorse Masks (pageviews: 1784)