Dinosaur Stolen From SLC Sinclair Station Located, Expected To Be Returned
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — A green dinosaur that stood as an emblem to a Sinclair gas station was finally located by police after mysteriously disappearing more than a week ago.
Tha Imran, owner of Sharooz Sinclair, said the dino disappeared sometime overnight between Nov. 9 and Nov. 10 from the northwest corner of the property, located at 1689 S. 1300 East.
A clerk discovered the theft when a customer inquired about the 7-foot-long green figure.
“He said, ‘Where’s your dinosaur?’” Imran recalled as her eyes grew large. “He said, “Ehhh, I don’t know.”
The heist was particularly saddening to Imran’s boys, Sharooz and Shahan.
“I liked the dinosaur more than the candy,” Shahan said. “Why? Why would they steal it? I was sad and I was thinking about it — like every day — that I hope it comes back.”
Finally, it appeared Tuesday as if the dinosaur would finally be making its return.
Salt Lake City Police Det. Greg Wilking said officers received a tip that the dinosaur had wound up in someone’s back yard as part of a teenage prank.
Wilking said the department was working to facilitate its safe return and was continuing to actively monitor the situation.
The Imran family said it was grateful the fixture on their property had been located.
“I kind of felt like we’d get it back because it’s so big,” Sharooz said.
Tha Imran said her children were happy after they learned the dinosaur was going to make its expected return on Wednesday.
“They can’t wait to see tomorrow,” Imran said.
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 11575)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9563)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting (pageviews: 5197)
- Attempted kidnapping near Utah junior high has school, police warning parents (pageviews: 3641)
- Live (pageviews: 2740)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County (pageviews: 2074)