Man Dies After Medical Emergency In Alta Ski Area
Jan 3, 2020, 7:30 PM
ALTA, Utah – A 37-year-old man has died after suffering a medical emergency at Alta Ski Area, according to Alta Town Marshal Mike Morey.
The victim was found unconscious and unresponsive in the Sunspot area of the resort Friday afternoon.
Witnesses called 911 and began lifesaving efforts before Alta Ski Patrol members arrived.
The victim was transported to the Alta Medical Clinic where he was pronounced dead.
Officials did not release the victim’s name and said the incident is under investigation.
Morey said they believe no one else was involved in the incident and it appeared to be accidental in nature.
RELATED: Authorities: Skier Who Died In Park City New Year’s Eve Was Son Of TV Producer
KSL 5 TV Live
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces temple groundbreakings (pageviews: 136150)
- Police: Hoax targets several Utah schools with fake shooting threats (pageviews: 26200)
- DNA analysis of Beethoven's hair reveals health issues, family secret (pageviews: 9800)
- Crews recover body of missing snowmobiler who was buried in Utah County avalanche (pageviews: 9341)
- 3 killed in multi-vehicle crash; NB I-15 closed for several hours in Box Elder County (pageviews: 9283)
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts (pageviews: 6559)