Court Documents Raise New Questions About Daybell’s Finances
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – New details have emerged in the disappearance of two Idaho children. Court records shows Lori Vallow’s late husband was concerned about her spending.
Just a few months after he died, Lori Vallow married her fifth husband, Chad Daybell. His own wife, 49-year-old Tammy Daybell, also died two weeks before.
KSL has learned both spouses left behind insurance policies.
Court documents showed that Lori’s late husband, 62-year-old Charles Vallow was worried about Lori’s erratic behavior months before his death in early 2019.
Divorce documents filed in Arizona in February 2019 showed he wanted sole custody of 7-year-old JJ, stating that Lori no longer wanted anything to do with him or the children.
The divorce documents state that Lori told Charles she was a translated being, and she was “sealed to the ancient prophet Moroni, along with James the Just in her previous lives.”
Lori believed that she was a “God assigned to carry out the work of the 144,000 during Christ’s second coming in July 2020 and that if Father [Charles] got in her way she would murder him.”
“She didn’t want Charles anymore,” said Charles’ sister, Kay Woodcock. “She told numerous people, ‘Charles just has to go. He has to go. I am done.’”
Charles claimed that Lori abandoned the family in late January, withdrawing a total of $35,000 from their bank accounts.
Lori returned sometime in March and persuaded Charles to stop the divorce, according to Woodcock.
Court documents showed he filed a motion to dismiss the divorce on March 5.
Four months later, Charles was shot and killed by Lori’s brother, 52-year-old Alex Cox, at the family’s Chandler, Arizona home.
Sources indicated that Charles had a $1 million life insurance policy. However, Lori was not the beneficiary.
While the search for 7-year-old JJ and 17-year-old Tylee continues, it was unclear how Lori and Chad were paying for their Hawaii expenses.
The Fremont County Sheriff’s Office confirmed that Tammy Daybell, Chad’s late wife also had a life insurance policy.
Deputies were still waiting on an autopsy after exhuming her body in Utah to determine how she died.
- Gephardt: 'Brushing' Scams Sweeping Utah (pageviews: 9702)
- First It Was Toilet Paper, Then Clorox Wipes. Now Dr. Pepper Is Scarce, Too (pageviews: 7889)
- CDC: Schools Should Have Plan For Angry Parents, Face Mask Bullying (pageviews: 6339)
- Convicted Kearns Sex Offender Charged With Human Trafficking (pageviews: 5875)
- SLC Police Association Pushes Back On Mayor's Order (pageviews: 4477)
- Alpine School District Teachers Rally For Safety Days Before Start Of School Year (pageviews: 4264)
- Man Dies After Being Ejected From Truck During Rollover Crash In Bluffdale (pageviews: 3989)
- More Than 97K Children Test Positive For COVID-19 In 2 Weeks (pageviews: 3776)
- 12-Year-Old Girl Killed In Utah County ATV Crash (pageviews: 2804)