Utah Rep. Ben McAdams Tests Positive For COVID-19
WEST JORDAN, Utah – Utah Congressman Ben McAdams tested positive for COVID-19 and has self-isolated at his home in West Jordan.
The information was released in a statement sent by Rep. McAdams’ communication director.
Rep. McAdams said he first developed symptoms of a cold on Saturday after returning home from Washington, D.C.
He self-isolated after consulting with his doctor, and conducted meetings by phone.
— Rep. Ben McAdams (@RepBenMcAdams) March 19, 2020
“My symptoms got worse and I developed a fever, a dry cough and labored breathing,” he said.
Under the instruction of his doctor, McAdams was tested for coronavirus on Tuesday. The results came back Wednesday that he was positive for the virus.
“I urge Utahns to take this seriously and follow the health recommendations we’re getting from the CDC and other health experts so that we can recover from this public health threat,” McAdams said in a statement.
The congressman said he was still working from his home.
- Utah teen girl arrested for planning mass casualty event at school (pageviews: 24684)
- Idaho father fighting for his life in Utah hospital after dirt biking crash (pageviews: 19330)
- Medical examiner and cadaver dog called to park where investigators found Brian Laundrie's items (pageviews: 9862)
- Utah teen girl arrested for planning mass casualty event at school – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9476)
- Utah woman arrested on suspicion of shaking, killing her infant boy (pageviews: 6688)
- Suspected human remains, items belonging to Brian Laundrie found in Florida park, FBI says (pageviews: 5928)
- FBI: Items linked to Laundrie, potential remains found (pageviews: 5212)
- Haiti gang wants $17M ransom for kidnapped American and Canadian missionaries (pageviews: 4446)
- Utah family urges caution after 1-year-old hospitalized with COVID-19 (pageviews: 4306)