What You Missed Overnight: Elective Surgeries In Utah, PPP Worries, And More
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Here are some of the coronavirus stories you might have missed overnight.
Gov. Herbert said elective surgeries can begin resuming today
Elective surgeries were put on hold during the coronavirus pandemic. On Tuesday, though, Gov. Gary Herbert announced elective surgeries could begin resuming Wednesday. Read more here.
A local business owner is worried money from the Paycheck Protection Program won’t last
A local business that received a loan from the Paycheck Protection Program has rehired most of its staff but remained concerned that business won’t pick up before the money runs out again. Read more here.
Seven virus cases in Wisconsin could be related to voting
Wisconsin health officials say they have identified at least seven people who may have contracted the coronavirus from participating in the April 7 election. Read more here.
Doctors are hopeful that plasma treatment could help COVID-19 patients
Doctors at Intermountain Healthcare performed the state’s first plasma transfusion for a COVID-19 patient in critical condition. The new treatment has given patient and medical care workers hope. Read more here.
The Senate approved more money for small businesses
A $483 billion coronavirus aid package flew through the Senate on Tuesday after Congress and the White House reached a deal to replenish a small-business payroll fund and provided new money for hospitals and testing. Read more here.
- Anchorage Alaska Temple to be rebuilt, moved to a new location - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8444)
- Search warrant reveals neighbors discovered bodies of Haight family (pageviews: 7455)
- Body found inside limestone kiln in Salt Lake City foothills (pageviews: 6751)
- Slain Enoch girl texted friend that dad was acting strange and she was worried (pageviews: 5763)
- ‘Overwhelming’ response for radon testing after Lehi woman shares cancer diagnosis story - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5046)
- Snow College employee found dead in off-campus student housing unit (pageviews: 3984)