Navajo Nation President Lays Wreath At Veterans Memorial In Virtual Ceremony
WINDOW ROCK, Arizona – Leaders of the Navajo Nation gathered for a wreath laying ceremony on Memorial Day.
The ceremony took place in Window Rock, Arizona and was broadcast digitally on the Facebook page of President Jonathan Nez and Vice President Myron Lizer.
Following the event, Nez and Lizer distributed food to veterans.
The Navajo Nation has been hit hard by the novel coronavirus.
Wearing a face mask, President Nez said it was the first time the annual ceremony was held virtually, to help with social distancing and to limit the spread of ther virus.
“Memorial Day is about recognizing and honoring those that have lost their lives in serving this great country of ours,” he said. “Many of our Navajo citizens have gone back to the creator, and we honor their service.”
Several other leaders gave comments at the ceremony. All were wearing face masks.
MEMORIAL DAY WREATH LAYING CEREMONY 05.25.20
- Utah Man Fights For His Life In Nepal While Family Tries To Get Help – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 32376)
- Utah Man Fights For His Life In Nepal While Family Tries To Get Help (pageviews: 25908)
- Utah Dinosaur Graveyard Indicates T-Rex Was Social Predator (pageviews: 11993)
- Utah Teen Paralyzed From Waist Down After Dirt Bike Incident (pageviews: 6602)
- Homebuyers Warned To Watch For Details In Building Contracts (pageviews: 3872)
- Utah Man Believes He May Have Found Tomb Commissioned For Joseph Smith (pageviews: 3828)
- One Killed In Crash Involving Street Racing (pageviews: 3766)
- Man Found Dead After 4-Wheeler Went Off Steep Embankment (pageviews: 3228)
- Utah Dinosaur Graveyard Indicates T-Rex Was Social Predator – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3048)