Harmons Grocery Stores Will Require Shoppers To Wear Masks
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – A day after Gov. Gary Herbert gave the OK for Salt Lake and Summit counties to mandate face coverings for people in public spaces, Harmons Grocery announced it would follow suit and require all customers to wear masks.
The new policy will go into effect on Saturday.
“Harmons is committed to doing all that we can to keep our associates and customers safe. This is the obvious next step as cases continue to grow,” said Bob Harmon, chairman of the customer. “As the pandemic surges on, it has become clear that we need to do even more to protect our associates’ health. From the beginning, we have followed advice from the Utah Department of Health and health Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. That recommendation includes wearing masks in public places and when social distancing is not possible.”
Costco, too, has had a policy in place requiring customers to wear face coverings when entering its warehouses. Its policy was enacted in April.
On Wednesday, KSL Investigators fanned out to approximately 50 grocery stores all over the state to see about how many patrons were wearing masks. Read the full report here.
- Utah teen girl arrested for planning mass casualty event at school (pageviews: 24684)
- Idaho father fighting for his life in Utah hospital after dirt biking crash (pageviews: 19330)
- Medical examiner and cadaver dog called to park where investigators found Brian Laundrie's items (pageviews: 9862)
- Utah teen girl arrested for planning mass casualty event at school – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9476)
- Utah woman arrested on suspicion of shaking, killing her infant boy (pageviews: 6688)
- Suspected human remains, items belonging to Brian Laundrie found in Florida park, FBI says (pageviews: 5928)
- FBI: Items linked to Laundrie, potential remains found (pageviews: 5212)
- Haiti gang wants $17M ransom for kidnapped American and Canadian missionaries (pageviews: 4446)
- Utah family urges caution after 1-year-old hospitalized with COVID-19 (pageviews: 4306)