Prosecutors Reveal Previously Unseen Evidence At Daybell Hearing
REXBURG, Idaho – Prosecutors revealed two pieces of evidence at Chad Daybell’s hearing: Body cam footage of a welfare check on JJ Vallow at Lori Vallow’s home, and a phone call that was recorded by the couple’s friend, Melanie Gibb.
Chad Daybell on Monday attended the first day of his preliminary hearing in the case of JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan, whose remains were found buried in his yard.
The hearing continues Tuesday.
Prosecutors revealed new evidence during the hearing that involved his wife, Lori Vallow, who is also in custody in connection to the case.
Police body cam footage was played during the hearing. It showed officers the day they arrived at Lori Vallow’s townhouse in November 2019 to conduct a welfare check on JJ Vallow.
Lori Vallow can be heard telling detectives she and her brother, Alex Cox, moved to Rexburg in September.
“My older brother was in it with my husband, who was trying to kill me for my $2 million insurance policy,” Lori Vallow said.
Lori Vallow’s former husband, Charles Vallow, died and left his life insurance to his sister and JJ Vallow’s grandmother, Kay Woodcock. She said Woodcock wanted to take JJ away from her.
“We got nothing,” Lori Vallow says in the recording. “For me, raising JJ and all the kids, got nothing. And everybody got nothing. She (Woodcock) got $1 million.”
Lori Vallow told police that JJ was staying at the home of her friend, Melanie Gibb. Investigators tried to contact Gibb but were unsuccessful.
Gibb was one of the witnesses at Monday’s hearing.
Prosecutors played a phone call she had with Lori Vallow and Daybell in early December.
In the call, Daybell denies having anything to do with the recent death of his wife, Tammy Daybell.
Gibb also confronts the two about lying to detectives about JJ Vallow being at her home.
The couple refused to tell Gibb where JJ Vallow was, telling her it was for safety.
“There is no master plan,” Chad Daybell can be heard saying. “No way Lori and I could ever come up with this.”
Gibb is returning to the witness stand on Tuesday.
- High winds, heavy snow warning for ‘hazardous conditions’ Friday morning - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 17145)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 9231)
- SB I-15 closed in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 6159)
- High winds, heavy snow warning for 'hazardous conditions' Friday morning (pageviews: 5239)
- Witness recounts 'miraculous' Moab rescue after BASE jumper crashes into cliff (pageviews: 4464)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4141)