Overnight Flooding Causes Damage Across St. George
ST. GEORGE, Utah – Emergency services were overwhelmed Sunday after intense rains caused damage and stranded vehicles across the city.
Officials warned everyone to stay inside as roads were shut down and homes were flooded.
Washington County Emergency Services also reported several sink holes, including one outside an area hotel that engulfed a vehicle. There were also reports of downed power lines, debris blocking roads, and other roads where the water was still too high to drive.
The rains have since passed by, and a flash flood warning has expired. However, there will still be a lot of cleanup efforts Monday.
- High winds, heavy snow warning for ‘hazardous conditions’ Friday morning - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 17145)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 9231)
- SB I-15 closed in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 6159)
- High winds, heavy snow warning for 'hazardous conditions' Friday morning (pageviews: 5239)
- Witness recounts 'miraculous' Moab rescue after BASE jumper crashes into cliff (pageviews: 4464)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4141)