Latter-Day Saint Apostle Elder Gong, Wife Test Positive For COVID-19
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — Elder Gerrit W. Gong, a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, has tested positive for COVID-19, a spokesman for the church announced Tuesday.
Elder Gong’s wife Susan has also tested positive. The Church said they were both experiencing “mild” symptoms of the disease.
“They are being cautious and their health is being carefully monitored by doctors,” church spokesman Eric Hawkins said. “The church will follow all appropriate health protocols for contact tracing and will continue to follow health guidelines for this virus to protect church leaders, including self-isolation, as appropriate.”
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch (pageviews: 10947)
- Live (pageviews: 6780)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 5943)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5940)
- BREAKING: Abortion now prohibited in Utah (pageviews: 4798)
- Utah 'trigger law' banning abortion to go into effect after Roe v. Wade overturned (pageviews: 4654)