Officials Issue Statewide Wireless Alert After Record Number Of COVID-19 Cases
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Officials with the Utah Department of Public Safety issued a wireless alert Friday afternoon after the state reported a record 2,292 cases of COVID-19.
The alert read: “State of Utah: COVID-19 is spreading rapidly. Record cases. Almost every county is a high transmission area. Hospitals are nearly overwhelmed. By public health order, masks are required in high transmission areas. Social gatherings are limited to 10 or fewer. Visit coronavirus.utah.gov/utah-health-guidance-levels to see your county’s information. Be careful!”
State officials said the Wireless Emergency Alert was issued “to make sure nearly everyone is aware of the serious nature of the pandemic.”
“Despite the ongoing pandemic, there are a number of people who are not aware of the dire situation we find ourselves in,” they said.
— Gov. Gary Herbert (@GovHerbert) October 30, 2020
“The number of people who are being hospitalized is unsustainable,” officials said. “If we can just get this message in everyone’s hands, we believe more people will take action to slow the spread of COVID-19. Though many people have experienced mild cases of the disease, we need to err on the side of caution and protect those around us who may be more vulnerable by wearing a mask, limiting our social gatherings and getting tested when we have symptoms.”
- Police Release New Photos, Info In Mackenzie Lueck Murder Case (pageviews: 12951)
- Hale Center Theatre Orem Apologizes After Woman With Down Syndrome Asked To Leave Over Mask (pageviews: 6953)
- Dying Cancer Patient Forced From Utah County Home Even Though He Can Pay Rent (pageviews: 4684)
- Baby Born From 27-Year-Old Embryo Believed To Have Broken Record Set By Big Sister (pageviews: 4423)
- West Valley Family Angered After Christmas Decorations Were Stolen (pageviews: 3952)
- US Tightens Definition Of Service Animals Allowed On Planes (pageviews: 3064)
- Utah Reports 11 More People Have Died, 3,945 Tested Positive For COVID-19 (pageviews: 2903)
- Logan Woman Loses Two Family Members To COVID-19 (pageviews: 2467)
- Dying Cancer Patient Forced From Utah County Home Even Though He Can Pay Rent – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2293)