Syracuse High Moves To Online Learning After COVID-19 Outbreak
SYRACUSE, Utah – Officials with the Davis School District said Syracuse High School has more than 15 confirmed COVID-19 cases and will move to online learning.
An announcement sent to parents said the school will begin a soft closure starting Thursday, before reopening on Thursday, Nov. 19.
The closure is required for any school with 15 or more coronavirus cases reported during a 14-day period, according to guidelines from the Davis County Health Department.
SHS will be on a soft closure from Th, Nov 5th to Th, Nov 19th. All learning/instruction will be done online during that time. To allow teachers time to prepare for this transition, there will be no instruction tomorrow, Nov 5th. Please read the attached letter for more info. pic.twitter.com/dG3ZYbTqEQ
— Syracuse High School (@SHS_Titans) November 4, 2020
It is the second straight day a high school in the Davis School District had to transition to online classes. Parents and students at Northridge High School were notified Tuesday.
There will be no classes at Syracuse High Thursday to give teachers time to prepare for the online transition.
The announcement said students should check Canvas regularly for class information.
Health guidelines allow all sanctioned competitions to continue as planned. However, if three or more group members test positive for COVID-19, the entire group will have to quarantine for 14 days.
The announcement said grab-and-go school lunches will be available for Syracuse High students at Syracuse Junior High from 10:00-10:30 a.m.
- Kirstie Alley, Emmy-winning ‘Cheers’ star, dies at 71 (pageviews: 24529)
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 9347)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as 'the life of the party' (pageviews: 7132)
- ‘It’s kind of an eerie feeling;’ Utah man living in Hawaii witnesses Mauna Loa eruption - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4470)
- Utah family gets 'a measure of justice' in 50-year-old rape case (pageviews: 4133)
- Netflix's 'Falling for Christmas' filmed at these charming Utah locations (pageviews: 3798)