Utah Reports 12 More Have Died From COVID, 611 Test Positive
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Utah Department of Health on Thursday announced 611 people have tested positive for COVID-19 and 12 more have died.
Officials report seven of those people died before Feb. 11.
Utah administered nearly 26,000 more vaccines since Wednesday’s data was released, bringing the total number of vaccines distributed to 785,523.
Currently, 203 people are hospitalized with the virus.
This article is being updated. For more information, visit coronavirus.utah.gov.
UDOH reported a total of 2,230,041 people have been tested so far, which is an increase of 7,286 people tested since yesterday.
Of those, a total of 373,319 Utahns have tested positive for COVID-19. That’s an increase of 611 positive cases since Wednesday’s report.
The rolling 7-day average for positive tests is 558 per day.
The rolling 7-day average for percent positivity of “people over people” is 10.0%. The rolling 7-day average for percent positivity of “tests over tests” is 4.8%.
There are currently 203 people hospitalized with confirmed cases of COVID-19, and 87 of those people are in intensive care units. Another 35 people are hospitalized with suspected cases of COVID-19.
Utah’s ICUs are 69.8% full. The ICU beds in the state’s referral centers are 73.% occupied.
Referral Centers are the 16 hospitals in Utah with the capability to provide the best care for patients with COVID-19. Because most patients are transferred to these facilities, their utilization is the best reflection of the true hospital capacity in Utah when looking at ICU beds.
An additional 12 people have lost their lives as a direct result of COVID-19. Health officials noted that seven of those people died before Feb. 11.
According to UDOH, two deaths that had been reported on Feb. 23 have been retracted after further investigation.
To date, 1,965 of the state’s residents have been killed by the virus.
Utah administered 25,990 more vaccines since Wednesday’s report, bringing the total number of vaccinations to 785,523.
A total of 507,954 people have received at least one dose, and 277,711 have been fully immunized with both doses.
So far, 978,570 vaccines have been shipped to Utah.
For more information, visit coronavirus.utah.gov.
- High winds, heavy snow warning for ‘hazardous conditions’ Friday morning - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 36760)
- Body in Provo identified as jogger killed in hit-and-run (pageviews: 18142)
- High winds, heavy snow warning for 'hazardous conditions' Friday morning (pageviews: 7530)
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil (pageviews: 6148)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 5835)
- Lehi mom stranded in snowstorm grateful for help from unexpected stranger - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5830)
- Winter storm leads to messy morning commute; schools moving online, delaying starts - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5795)