Eminem Releases New Song After A TikTok Campaign Tries To ‘Cancel’ Him
Eminem has released a new song in response to a TikTok campaign that tried to “cancel” him.
The song, “Tone Deaf,” also has an animated video. It’s included on the rapper’s 2020 album, “Music to Be Murdered By — Side B,” and is a response to a TikTok campaign that tried to cancel Eminem over a decade old lyric of his on a song with Rihanna. The 2010 single, “Love the Way You Lie,” makes light of domestic violence critics say.
On the new song, Eminem raps: “I can’t understand a word you say (I’m tone-deaf)/ I think this way I prefer to stay (I’m tone-deaf)/ I won’t stop even when my hair turns grey (I’m tone-deaf)/ ‘Cause they won’t stop until they cancel me.”
Fans also defended the rapper on social media against Generation Z, people born between the mid-1990s to the early 2010s.
One follower on Twitter wrote, “Im technically from Gen Z but trying to cancel Eminem is absurd in my eyes this man has amazing music that has really helped me when I hit mental lows.”
Another said, “One of the best animated lyric videos I have ever seen. Amazing work. You’re a legend. One of the best to ever do it and doing it.”
- Off-duty officer saves Draper mom from drowning (pageviews: 19689)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 7534)
- Three moose take a dip in a North Salt Lake pool (pageviews: 4062)
- Police: Man dead after riding lawn mower falls off terrace (pageviews: 3960)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3749)
- Bodies of 3 missing kids, woman found in Minnesota lake (pageviews: 3586)