COVID-19 Relief Package Bringing Billions To Utah
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Utah is set to get up to $8 billion from the newly passed COVID-19 relief package.
The House of Representatives sent the $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan to President Joe Biden Wednesday afternoon. The President’s office said he will sign the bill Friday.
It allocates $3.8 billion alone in stimulus checks to Utah. Those checks will go to 85% of Utah households, according to experts at the Kem. C. Gardner Policy Institute at the University of Utah.
State and local governments in Utah will get $2.5 billion. Utah families will benefit from another $1.2 billion in expanded child tax credits.
Phil Dean from the Kem C. Gardner Policy Institute called the amount stunning.
He told KSL, “I would characterize the Utah economy in the next year, year and a half as like rip-roaring plus, as what I think is likely to happen given this level of fiscal stimulus.”
Utah’s four Republican representatives voted against the new relief bill, arguing that the state does not need much of what is coming.
- If You're 50 Or Older: 5 Things To Know After Getting COVID-19 Vaccine (pageviews: 3947)
- Former Minnesota Cop Charged In Shooting Of Black Motorist (pageviews: 3048)
- 8 People Killed In Shooting At A FedEx Facility In Indianapolis, Police Say (pageviews: 2770)
- Princes William, Harry Won't Walk Side-By-Side At Funeral (pageviews: 1316)
- Raising Cane’s To Open South Jordan Restaurant June 8, Provo Location Later This Summer (pageviews: 1224)
- New Video Shows Suspect Pepper-Spray Utah Highway Patrol Trooper (pageviews: 1171)
- Venmo Scams: Protecting Yourself From Fraudsters – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 951)
- Judge Refuses Request To Acquit Chauvin In Floyd's Death (pageviews: 898)
- How Does An Officer Grab A Taser Over A Gun? (pageviews: 817)