Utah Arch Challenge Enters ‘Eroded 8’
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Utah Arch Challenge, formerly known as “Arch Madness,” pits some of the state’s well-known and lesser-known arches against each other.
It includes 64 arches and natural bridges in six single-elimination rounds, similar to the NCAA Tournament.
The director of the Utah Geological Survey described the tournament as a creative distraction from COVID and a way for Utahns to learn more about the state’s arches.
“Vote each round for your favorite arches as we trim the field of 64 geologic hopefuls to the ‘Faunal Four’ contenders, and ultimately Utah’s sole champion,” according to the Arch Challenge site. “The outcome of this single-elimination challenge is solely determined by your participation.”
Voting for the “Eroded 8” round is open through the end of Tuesday.
The remaining contenders include five arches – Metate, Delicate, Bowtie, Double and Pritchett, and three bridges – Coyote Natural Bridge, Owachomo Bridge and Natural Bridges in Spooky Gulch.
The Faunal Four kicks off Friday.
2021 Utah Arch Challenge Bracket
- Man identified in Springville shooting of teen (pageviews: 28039)
- 17-year-old boy died by suicide hours after being 'sextorted' (pageviews: 23205)
- Man dead, teen flown to hospital in attempted killing and suicide (pageviews: 13783)
- Woman fatally shot in Pleasant Grove; police say her son is now in custody (pageviews: 13358)
- Friends remember mom, tattoo artist shot and killed in Pleasant Grove (pageviews: 10487)
- Springville High softball team honors teen shot in murder-suicide scenario (pageviews: 9814)
- Man identified in Springville shooting of teen – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8545)