Utah’s Health Orders Terminated After Meeting ‘Endgame Bill’ Criteria
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — Utah’s COVID-19 public health orders have been terminated after the state met all of the criteria established under the “endgame bill” passed by the legislature, according to Utah Department of Health officials.
UDOH said the Utah State Legislature was notified of the achievement Tuesday afternoon.
Utah has met requirements to end COVID-19 public health orders. Remember, masks are still required for K-12 schools until 6/1 or end of school year, whichever is first.
Also, businesses may still require masks and other health and safety measures. https://t.co/e07rk0Gp6W
— State of Utah COVID-19 Response (@UtahCoronavirus) May 4, 2021
The thresholds that needed to be met under House Bill 294 were:
- A 14-day case rate less than 191 per 100,000 people (currently 163.4)
- A 7-day average COVID-19 ICU utilization less than 15% (currently 11.2%)
- More than 1,633,000 prime doses of COVID-19 vaccine allocated to the state (1,656,025)
“I understand HB294 has been controversial. Important, legitimate arguments having been made on all sides of the issues. But today should give all of us reason to celebrate. No matter which side someone falls on, we can all be proud of the outcomes we have achieved so far,” Rich Saunders, UDOH executive director, wrote in a letter to the Utah State Legislature.
Most public health orders will end, according to UDOH, but HB294 allows them to continue orders in K-12 schools, which includes the wearing of face masks.
The state health department issued State Public Health Order 2021-11 Tuesday which requires “continued, routine testing of participants in high school sports and other extracurricular activities and also requires face coverings to be worn in K-12 schools.”
UDOH officials said the order will expire on the last day of the 2020-21 school year or June 15, whichever occurs first.
“It’s important not to give up the ground we have gained, especially in our schools,” said Saunders. “We’re asking teachers, administrators, parents, and students to please hang in there, and finish the year on a healthy note.”
- Rare Wolverine Sighting Reported At Antelope Island State Park (pageviews: 8369)
- Utah’s Health Orders Terminated After Meeting ‘Endgame Bill’ Criteria – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4524)
- Salt Lake City Homeowners Set Trap, Catch Thief On Camera – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4477)
- Utah's Health Orders Terminated After Meeting 'Endgame Bill' Criteria (pageviews: 4471)
- Woman Released From Hospital After Surviving 5 Months In The Wild (pageviews: 4073)
- Salt Lake City Homeowners Set Trap, Catch Thief On Camera (pageviews: 3888)
- Jurassic Quest Brings Life-Size Dino Exhibit To Utah (pageviews: 2812)
- Utah Brothers Volunteer For Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine Trial In Children (pageviews: 2468)
- Venmo Scams: Protecting Yourself From Fraudsters (pageviews: 2233)