National Non-Profit Brings Relay To Salt Lake In Honor Of Fallen Military, First Responders
SALT LAKE CITY – National non-profit organization “Carry The Load” walked through Salt Lake City to honor fallen military and first responders Tuesday.
“One of the reasons we do this is to keep the memory alive for those who have sacrificed and we do that by utilizing our tag line who do you carry we carry their memories,” Smitty Searles of “Carry The Load” said.
This is part of the organizations 15,500-mile national relay to restore the meaning of Memorial Day.
Utah is part of one of the four relays for the charity– spread out all over the country, different groups will walk several miles in different cities until they all make it to Dallas, Texas.
They say the purpose of the walks is to spark conversation about Memorial Day, and tell stories about those who have fought for our freedom.
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 5286)
- Three car crash closes road in West Valley City (pageviews: 4285)
- Man killed in rollover crash on I-15 in Draper (pageviews: 3692)
- Man arrested in Mexico for murder of Utah radio host (pageviews: 2165)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 2065)
- 2 men arrested for allegedly enticing minors online and by text (pageviews: 2003)