More Communities Add Fireworks Restrictions
MILLCREEK, Utah – Millcreek and two other cities announced new fireworks restrictions ahead of two major holidays next month.
The city said Tuesday that no fireworks will be allowed east of 900 East because of dangerous and dry conditions.
“The Millcreek City Council is unanimous that this year, the health, safety, and general welfare of our community, which we are charged to protect, require an exceptional restriction of fireworks,” said a news release.
The Millcreek city council will officially order the restrictions at a meeting on June 26.
Fines will be substantial, according to the release.
The Eagle Mountain City Council banned personal fireworks of all kinds during a meeting Tuesday night. The ban affects Independence Day on July 4 and Pioneer Day on July 24.
The Eagle Mountain City Council tonight (6/15) approved a resolution prohibiting fireworks in Eagle Mountain during the July 4 and July 24 (Pioneer Day) holiday celebrations. Open flame fires in undeveloped areas have been prohibited through August. https://t.co/E5YMiPWtXC pic.twitter.com/azYBgPxIWV
— Eagle Mountain City (@eaglemtncity) June 16, 2021
Park City also canceled fireworks shows for the July 4 holiday.
The Park Record reported it will be the second straight year without an Independence Day fireworks show. Park City canceled last year’s show because of the pandemic.
Eagle Mountain and Park City also announced their bans because of the severe drought.
- Live (pageviews: 9847)
- Missionaries From Utah, Montana Killed In New Mexico Car Crash (pageviews: 8506)
- Family Rescued From Capsized Boat During Storm On Bear Lake (pageviews: 6429)
- Utah Woman Shares Experience As 'Breakthrough' COVID-19 Case After Getting J&J Vaccine (pageviews: 5395)
- Utah Woman Shares Experience As ‘Breakthrough’ COVID-19 Case After Getting J&J Vaccine – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2133)
- Salt Lake Co. DA Rules Officer Justified In Fatal Shooting Of Handcuffed Man In West Valley (pageviews: 2063)
- Cancer Misinformation On The Rise On Social Media, Huntsman Cancer Institute Study Says (pageviews: 1955)
- Family Calls District Attorney's Ruling 'Systemic Failure' (pageviews: 1863)
- Days Of ’47 Parade: Road Closures, Times & How To Watch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 1525)