Unified Police Report Sharp Increase In Homicide Rate
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Unified Police reported a skyrocketing homicide rate not even halfway through the year.
In the past six weeks, Unified Police handled six murders whereas, in all of 2020, they investigated seven murders.
“It’s been really, really busy. I mean, we are averaging one a week, which is unheard of” said Melody Cutler from the Unified Police Department. “It’s not just been in [the]unified area. Salt Lake and West Valley homicide rate is really high.”
So far this year, Unified Police have already investigated seven homicides, the same as in all of 2021.
Cutler said they haven’t found any obvious reason behind the increase but she added that crime generally increases in the summer.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 13441)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 7554)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 5852)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 4852)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 4484)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 3699)