Teenager Arrested In Connection To Shooting That Injured 6-Year-Old Girl
KEARNS, Utah – Sandy police arrested an 18-year-old man in connection with a shooting in August that nearly killed a six-year-old girl in Kearns.
Timothy Begay was charged with felony discharge of a firearm.
Police at the time said the bullet passed through the house, into Benicia Cardenas’ headboard, through her pillow, and hit her foot. Benicia’s foot was bruised.
The bullet came within inches of killing her.
The incident happened at 5200 West and Westslope Drive on August 20, 2020.
Lt. Manfred Lassig with the Unified Police Department Lt. Manfred Lassig with the Unified Police Department told KSL at the time, “By the grace of God, we’re lucky that we’re not here investigating the death of a 6-year-old.”
Court documents said Begay was involved in a fight with a woman near the girl’s house when he allegedly started shooting.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to ‘tithing settlement’ – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 34915)
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says (pageviews: 24405)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to 'tithing settlement' (pageviews: 11463)
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8961)
- Anne Heche is 'not expected to survive,' family says in statement (pageviews: 7037)
- Utah company Lions Not Sheep responds to $211K FTC fine – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4182)