Teenager Arrested In Connection To Shooting That Injured 6-Year-Old Girl
KEARNS, Utah – Sandy police arrested an 18-year-old man in connection with a shooting in August that nearly killed a six-year-old girl in Kearns.
Timothy Begay was charged with felony discharge of a firearm.
Police at the time said the bullet passed through the house, into Benicia Cardenas’ headboard, through her pillow, and hit her foot. Benicia’s foot was bruised.
The bullet came within inches of killing her.
The incident happened at 5200 West and Westslope Drive on August 20, 2020.
Lt. Manfred Lassig with the Unified Police Department Lt. Manfred Lassig with the Unified Police Department told KSL at the time, “By the grace of God, we’re lucky that we’re not here investigating the death of a 6-year-old.”
Court documents said Begay was involved in a fight with a woman near the girl’s house when he allegedly started shooting.
KSL 5 TV Live
- First temple in Virginia opens its doors to the public (pageviews: 14346)
- Man in custody, accused of filming children in the bathroom of his business (pageviews: 14172)
- Utah man bit by shark while swimming in Hawaii (pageviews: 11996)
- Important dates, rendering released for 3 Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint temples (pageviews: 11993)
- 6-year-old boy dies after being ejected during rollover crash (pageviews: 10759)
- 3 killed in head-on crash in Kane County (pageviews: 9599)