One Hospitalized, Another In Custody After Cedar City Shooting
CEDAR CITY, Utah — A 19-year-old man has been taken into custody after police said he shot a man at a Cedar City motel before fleeing the scene.
Officers said Jaxton Saroff was booked into the Iron County Jail on multiple felony charges, including attempted homicide, aggravated assault and unlawful possession of a firearm.
Police were dispatched to the Motel 6 at 1620 West and 200 North around 12:45 a.m. Wednesday on reports of a shooting.
“As officers arrived on scene, they found an adult male with a single gunshot wound and the suspect, Jaxton Saroff, a 19-year-old male, had fled in a silver vehicle,” officers said.
The victim was taken to an area hospital before being transported to Intermountain St. George Hospital. An update on his condition was not immediately available.
Officers were later notified Saroff was staying in a different motel.
“Officers negotiated with Mr. Saroff on the phone and Mr. Saroff exited the motel room and surrendered peacefully,” police said.
After a search warrant was obtained, authorities said they found a firearm that had been used, marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
Police said their investigation is ongoing and no motive for the shooting has been established.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9267)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 8058)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 6022)
- Trail runner hurt by cougar in Millcreek Canyon; DWR locates, euthanizes animal (pageviews: 3183)
- One person dead after shooting at Salt Lake City apartment complex (pageviews: 2423)