Woman arrested in Utah County after assaulting multiple people
UTAH COUNTY — A 42-year-old woman was arrested late Thursday night after police say she assaulted multiple people, including health care providers.
According to court documents, Olga Yazykova was riding in the back of a Lyft vehicle with a person she shared an intimate relationship with when she became upset.
“Olga then hit the victim in the face with her right hand, causing the victim to get a bloody nose. Olga then assaulted the driver of the vehicle, hitting the driver multiple times in the arm and face,” read the probable cause statement.
Yazykova was taken into custody, but before being transported to jail, the 42-year-old was taken to Utah Valley Hospital for a medical clearance.
Police said she appeared to be highly intoxicated.
When it came time for Yazykova to exit the patrol car, she refused. So, multiple units were called out to help her out of the vehicle and into the hospital.
“While attempting to provide care to Olga, she assaulted multiple health care providers. Olga kicked a nurse in the back and slapped another nurse in the chest, with an open hand,” read the probable cause statement.
Due to her high level of intoxication, she was required to stay at the hospital for several hours.
Yazykova was then booked into the Utah County Jail for investigation of charges including assault or threat of violence on a health care provider/EMS, a Class A misdemeanor, and assault — domestic violence, a Class B misdemeanor.
Police said the Lyft driver did not want to press charges against Yazykova.
KSL 5 TV Live
- 'It just keeps coming': Warnings issued in Utah with wintry week ahead (pageviews: 9883)
- 6-year-old boy dies after being ejected during rollover crash (pageviews: 9675)
- Important dates, rendering released for 3 Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint temples (pageviews: 8289)
- Police officer wounded, gunman killed in Springville shootout (pageviews: 7785)
- 2 accused of fraud across multiple states with help from Utah store employee (pageviews: 7017)
- 3 killed in head-on crash in Kane County (pageviews: 6751)