Man shot twice in home invasion, suspect in custody
OGDEN, Utah— A man is in custody after allegedly breaking into a home and shooting a man in his stomach and hand according to court documents.
Officers responded to the residence at 344 8th St. in Ogden after reports that a man had been shot and was being driven to the hospital by his girlfriend. At the home, officers found a rear window open that appeared to have been “forced in and broken out,” along with blood in the room.
A warrant was secured for the home and CSI responded to the crime scene. CSI was able to match prints on the outside northeast bedroom window to Arthur William Erskine, while the other side of the window had prints that matched the victim.
According to court documents, the victim’s girlfriend told detectives she had been laying in bed with the victim when they heard someone kicking in the back door. When the victim got up to investigate the sound, “someone kicked in the back bedroom window and started firing.”
The victim told detectives he did not know who shot him, only that they had pushed his window in and began firing.
The hospital advised he had two bullet wounds, one in the hand and one in the stomach area.
Investigators found a facebook message sent from a “Billy Erskin,” the photo of the account matches Arthur Erskine and Billy is a “known nickname for him” according to court documents. The message said that Erskine had “got the victim and next time the victim would die.”
Erskine was booked into Weber County Jail on felony discharge of a firearm.
- ‘Our worst fears': Kidnapped baby, parents, uncle found dead (pageviews: 6449)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6433)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 6050)
- One dead, one in critical condition after I-15 crash in Ogden (pageviews: 5371)
- Tooele man arrested, accused of biting off part of teen's ear (pageviews: 3347)
- Father, son found dead inside West Jordan home (pageviews: 3137)