Census: St. George is fastest-growing in U.S. again
Apr 2, 2022, 10:33 AM | Updated: Jun 13, 2022, 3:36 pm
ST. GEORGE, Utah (AP) — St. George and the rest of Washington County have once again ranked as the fastest-growing metro area in America.
The Spectrum reports that a new report from the U.S. Census showed the local population growing by nearly 10,000 new residents between July 1 of 2020 and July of 2021, a 5.1% increase.
Two other Utah cities made the list of top-10 fastest-growing metro areas, with the Provo-Orem area ranked eighth at 3.3% and the Logan area ranked 10th at 2.9%.
St. George Mayor Michele Randall credited the area’s reputation for quality-of-life amenities, although she acknowledged this type of growth does present challenges.
KSL 5 TV Live
- First temple in Virginia opens its doors to the public (pageviews: 15140)
- Utah man bit by shark while swimming in Hawaii (pageviews: 14902)
- Man in custody, accused of filming children in the bathroom of his business (pageviews: 14198)
- Important dates, rendering released for 3 Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint temples (pageviews: 9037)
- Utah will likely set historic snow record Friday (pageviews: 8110)
- 3 killed in head-on crash in Kane County (pageviews: 6625)