Princess Bride actor, Cary Elwes bit by rattlesnake
LOS ANGELES, California — Actor, Cary Elwes, best known for his role as Westley in “The Princess Bride,” was airlifted to a local hospital after he was bit by a rattlesnake.
According to CBS, the actor was bit while doing yardwork at his home in Malibu and then airlifted to Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center Saturday.
CBS confirmed with the Los Angeles County Fire Department that paramedics were sent to a home about 3 p.m. Saturday due to the report of a snake bite, and airlifted a person to the medical facility in unknown condition.
The actor is now recovering at his home and shared the following tweet.
Bit not by a ROUS but a rattlesnake. Grateful to the staff of Malibu Urgent Care, LA County Fire Dept. and the staff and medical professionals at @UCLAHealth for their great care. Am recovering well thanks to all these wonderful folks. 🙏 pic.twitter.com/0vHuFvKMTj
— Cary Elwes (@Cary_Elwes) April 25, 2022
He quipped he was bit “not by a ROUS,” a reference to “Rodents of Unusual Size” in the movie “Princess Bride.”
The actor said he was recovering well thanks to the care of Malibu Urgent Care, L.A. County Fire Dept., and the staff at UCLA Health.
If you get a rattlesnake bite, first, back away from the snake so it can’t strike again. Try to remain calm as anxiety circulates your blood faster, and clean the wound with soap and water. Call an ambulance or get medical attention as soon as possible.
- Utah police ask for help locating suspect in Amazon robbery (pageviews: 3523)
- Real Housewives of SLC Jennie Nguyen no longer cast member after 'offensive' social media posts (pageviews: 3509)
- Body found in Jordan River, police investigating (pageviews: 3503)
- 3x Region Champs, North Sanpete drill coaches go viral in video (pageviews: 3387)
- Wednesday's Child: Creative 13-year-old Kaydee hopes to find forever family (pageviews: 2864)
- Sewage provides alternative insight into COVID-19 surge direction (pageviews: 2841)