SLCPD investigating shooting that left one injured
SALT LAKE CITY — One man suffered a gunshot wound to the leg Wednesday in an incident that is now being investigated by the Salt Lake City Police Department’s Gang Unit.
SLCPD said in a press release that reports of a shooting near 600 South and 200 East came to them about 4:30 p.m.
Police arrived and located a 20-year-old male with a calf wound, an associate of the victim had applied a tourniquet, the release said. He was transported to a local hospital with non-critical injuries.
“The preliminary investigation shows a group of individuals got into a fight which resulted in shots being fired,” SLCPD said in their release. “Immediately after the shooting, the individuals involved in the shooting ran away.”
Suspects have not been located as of Wednesday 9 p.m. SLCPD say the shooting does not appear to be a random incident.
Anyone with information on this case should call 801-799-3000 and reference case number 22-86779.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9267)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 8058)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 6022)
- Trail runner hurt by cougar in Millcreek Canyon; DWR locates, euthanizes animal (pageviews: 3183)
- One person dead after shooting at Salt Lake City apartment complex (pageviews: 2423)