Man stabbed to death in Kearns Sunday morning
KEARNS, Utah – A dispute between neighbors in Kearns early Sunday ended with a 20-year-old man stabbed to death and two others in custody.
Unified Police said that Rustyn Christopher Opperman, 20, was stabbed to death by Anthony Landh Martinez, 20, and Benny Tobias Martinez, 40, at 4550 W and 4920 S around 3 a.m.
“What we know at this point is there were a few neighbors that became involved in a physical altercation. At one point, one of the individuals was stabbed, and he died at the scene,” said Unified Police Department spokeswoman Melody Cutler. ”We do have two people in custody, so there’s no, there’s no threat to the public.”
UPD violent crime detectives have been on the scene since the initial call out.
Both suspects are in the Salt Lake County jail for felony one murder, according to Unified Police.
- Family members remember, honor two USU plane crash victims (pageviews: 7173)
- UPDATE: Ogden teen found by family (pageviews: 6659)
- 48 migrants die after trailer abandoned in Texas heat (pageviews: 6371)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 6316)
- R. Kelly sentenced to 30 years in sex trafficking case (pageviews: 6069)
- Why this mom’s abortion decision challenged her family’s religious beliefs (pageviews: 4164)