Man stabbed to death in Kearns Sunday morning
KEARNS, Utah – A dispute between neighbors in Kearns early Sunday ended with a 20-year-old man stabbed to death and two others in custody.
Unified Police said that Rustyn Christopher Opperman, 20, was stabbed to death by Anthony Landh Martinez, 20, and Benny Tobias Martinez, 40, at 4550 W and 4920 S around 3 a.m.
“What we know at this point is there were a few neighbors that became involved in a physical altercation. At one point, one of the individuals was stabbed, and he died at the scene,” said Unified Police Department spokeswoman Melody Cutler. ”We do have two people in custody, so there’s no, there’s no threat to the public.”
UPD violent crime detectives have been on the scene since the initial call out.
Both suspects are in the Salt Lake County jail for felony one murder, according to Unified Police.
- 19-year-old dies at hospital following crash in Uintah County (pageviews: 12077)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah (pageviews: 8131)
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 6707)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5572)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 4895)
- 'Laverne & Shirley' actor Cindy Williams dies at 75 (pageviews: 3897)