Salt Lake City police investigating fatal hit-and-run crash
SALT LAKE CITY — A driver was fatally hit by a pick-up truck whose driver left the scene on foot, police say.
According to Salt Lake City police, the 28-year-old male driver was hit by a white Ford F-150 around 10 p.m. at Redwood Road and California Avenue.
The crash caused both cars to be disabled, which led the suspect to flee on foot.
Police attempted to find the suspect by searching the area but couldn’t find them.
No details were released about the suspect besides driving the white Ford F-150.
The 28-year-old man was stuck in his car and died at the scene.
This marks the 14th traffic-related fatality in Salt Lake City for 2022, according to police.
We are investigating a deadly hit and run crash that happened Friday night at Redwood Road and California Ave.
A 28-year-old man died on scene.
For info on how you can help our investigators, click the link.
— Salt Lake City Police (@slcpd) June 4, 2022
- Kirstie Alley, Emmy-winning ‘Cheers’ star, dies at 71 (pageviews: 23761)
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 6035)
- Two dead after crashing into parked truck (pageviews: 5428)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as 'the life of the party' (pageviews: 5364)
- ‘It’s kind of an eerie feeling;’ Utah man living in Hawaii witnesses Mauna Loa eruption - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4461)
- Utah Tech student dead after accidentally falling from balcony (pageviews: 3951)