SLC man is in custody after attacking a man with a machete, police say
SALT LAKE CITY —A 52-year-old man is in custody after allegedly attacking a 22-year-old man with a machete Monday.
At 8:42 a.m. police received a report of a man being stabbed near 300 South Main Street.
While responding, police were informed that the suspect was still armed with a machete and waving it in the air.
Officers were able to locate the suspect, identified as Milo Durfee near 450 South West Temple.
Durfee was taken into custody thanks to the help of Utah Transit Authority police in collaboration with Salt Lake City police.
The 22-year-old victim was transported to a local hospital with “very minor injuries,” according to a release.
Based on preliminary information, “officers believe a group of men were involved in a fight that led up to Durfee attacking the victim with a machete.”
Durfee will be booked into the Salt Lake County Metro Jail on charges of aggravated assault, possession of a dangerous weapon by a restricted person and unrelated warrants.
KSL 5 TV Live
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces temple groundbreakings (pageviews: 76405)
- How to see the Northern Lights, sighted recently in Utah skies (pageviews: 22066)
- More snow piles up Sunday and it's not over yet (pageviews: 15455)
- DNA analysis of Beethoven's hair reveals health issues, family secret (pageviews: 12156)
- Two dead, one critically injured after crash in Magna (pageviews: 12014)
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts (pageviews: 10654)
- 3 killed in multi-vehicle crash; NB I-15 closed for several hours in Box Elder County (pageviews: 8197)