SLC man is in custody after attacking a man with a machete, police say
SALT LAKE CITY —A 52-year-old man is in custody after allegedly attacking a 22-year-old man with a machete Monday.
At 8:42 a.m. police received a report of a man being stabbed near 300 South Main Street.
While responding, police were informed that the suspect was still armed with a machete and waving it in the air.
Officers were able to locate the suspect, identified as Milo Durfee near 450 South West Temple.
Durfee was taken into custody thanks to the help of Utah Transit Authority police in collaboration with Salt Lake City police.
The 22-year-old victim was transported to a local hospital with “very minor injuries,” according to a release.
Based on preliminary information, “officers believe a group of men were involved in a fight that led up to Durfee attacking the victim with a machete.”
Durfee will be booked into the Salt Lake County Metro Jail on charges of aggravated assault, possession of a dangerous weapon by a restricted person and unrelated warrants.
- Neighborhood supports family of West Jordan mom killed in Big Cottonwood Canyon crash (pageviews: 8218)
- Two teens killed in Lehi crash (pageviews: 5430)
- Heber homicide suspect found dead in Oregon (pageviews: 5285)
- Utah player suffers tragic accident just days before Little League World Series (pageviews: 4302)
- Several churches vandalized in Sandy and Orem (pageviews: 3784)
- Family friend remembers expectant West Jordan mother killed in crash (pageviews: 3460)