165 pounds of pot found in Salt Lake warehouse, one man arrested
SALT LAKE CITY — Agents with the State Bureau of Investigation wrapped up a seven-month narcotics investigation with one arrest and the confiscation of 165 pounds of pot at a Salt Lake City warehouse complex.
They served search warrants at four warehouse units at 1810 Fortune Road in June.
Court documents said, “These warehouse units were found to be utilized by Richard Tyler Coates during a long-term narcotics investigation. During the execution of these search warrants Agents located approximately 165 pounds of raw marijuana, 7 pounds of THC concentrate “wax”, and 474 THC vapor cartridges.”
The document said Coates, 43, admitted that he owned the drugs in the warehouse.
Coates also allowed agents to download and search the contents of his cell phone.
“From this download Agents have found multiple co-conspirators involved in illegal narcotics distribution as well as multiple specific conversations on the distribution, pricing, and transportation of large amounts of marijuana and marijuana products. Coates’ cellular phone also contained photos of marijuana and marijuana products,” the court document stated.
Agents also searched Coates’ Salt Lake home on July 1 and found approximately 175 grams of marijuana and a THC cartridge, according to the probable cause statement.
Agents arrested Coates in his front yard that day.
He was charged in 3rd District Court Wednesday with marijuana possession greater than 100 pounds, drug possession, and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10480)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 4695)
- Suspect arrested in connection to ritualistic child sex abuse investigation (pageviews: 4341)
- A Spanish Fork high school homecoming dress code causes tension between students and faculty – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3477)
- Three-vehicle crash closes Mountain View Corridor, one passenger ejected (pageviews: 3208)
- Rolling Stone releases list of 100 greatest TV shows of all-time (pageviews: 3123)