Man arrested in SLC for drug possesion, intent to distribute, police say
SALT LAKE CITY — A man was arrested for drug possession with intent to distribute after police found several illegal substances in his car, according to a press release.
It started Friday at 12:31 p.m. when an officer spotted a car driving on North Temple with expired, out-of-state registration tabs.
When the officer pulled 37-year-old Thomas Curly over, police said they could smell marijuana from inside the vehicle. That’s when Curly and the passenger were taken in for questioning.
While searching the car, officers said they found “distributable amounts of marijuana, methamphetamine, oxycodone pills and other drug packaging materials and paraphernalia hidden inside the car.”
Curly was booked into the Salt Lake County Metro Jail, and the passenger was released.
- 19-year-old dies at hospital following crash in Uintah County (pageviews: 12077)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah (pageviews: 8131)
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 6707)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5572)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 4895)
- 'Laverne & Shirley' actor Cindy Williams dies at 75 (pageviews: 3897)