One injured, one in custody in possible self-defense shooting in SLC
SALT LAKE CITY — One person was shot and another person is in custody in Salt Lake City Tuesday afternoon.
According to Salt Lake City Police Department, just before 3 p.m., officers were called to 999 S. Main Street with reports of a shooting.
Two individuals got into a fight in the nearby apartments and one of the individuals pulled out a knife. The other individual pulled out a gun and shot the individual with the knife.
The person shot was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
We are investigating a shooting at 999 South Main Street.
We have one suspect in custody and one person with non-life threatening injuries.
Media staging will be across the street at the “Gourmandise to Go” parking lot.
— Salt Lake City Police (@slcpd) December 27, 2022
Officers are investigating the shooting as a possible self-defense shooting and will work with the District Attorney’s Office to determine if the use of force was legally justified.
This is a breaking news story and will be updated as information becomes available.
- School bus hits and kills 15-year-old girl (pageviews: 9542)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9110)
- Earth's inner core may have stopped turning and could go into reverse, study suggests (pageviews: 7586)
- Snow advisories could bring up to 14 inches of snow Friday night (pageviews: 6434)
- Man chases teens after shots fired at Taylorsville High (pageviews: 3898)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3647)