After meeting with forensics team, Salgado family confirms body is Elizabeth
WEST VALLEY, Utah – Even when you get an answer, sometimes, it’s not the answer you want. The Salgado family was hoping a body found in Utah County last month wasn’t Elizabeth Salgado.
Now, they know.
“It’s very hard because we had the hope to find her alive,” said Rosemberg Salgado, who is Elizabeth’s uncle.
The Salgado’s met with a forensics team at the Utah Department of Public Safety’s Medical Examiner’s office Thursday morning in West Valley City. Although they can’t go into details of exactly what they were shown as evidence, it was enough to take away any doubt.
“We were hoping they were wrong. Saying no it wasn’t her, but they said they are 100-percent,” said Rosemberg Salgado. “It’s very hard to accept that my niece is gone.”
Elizabeth Salgado disappeared in 2015 shortly after moving to Provo. The family organized several searches of the area looking for her. Rosemberg Salgado, who has been the family spokesperson since Day 1, also hired a private investigator to help the family.
This week, her mother, father, and siblings from Mexico arrived in Utah, as did her uncles from California, hoping to get answers.
“We’re still having more investigations, like, how did she die? When did she die? Things like that,” said Rosemberg Salgado. “They’re still trying to find out the cause of death, how she died.”
After meeting with forensic investigators, the family, who is being escorted by the Mexican Consul while in Utah, visited a funeral home in Draper.
They wanted to make plans to bring her back to Mexico once investigators are able to release her remains.
Wednesday afternoon, the family visited the spot in Hobble Creek Canyon where Elizabeth was found.
Their biggest question still doesn’t have an answer… who? It’s not an answer they’ll ever like, or understand, but it’s one they feel they have to have.
The family is asking anyone with information to contact police investigators.
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7943)
- Attempted kidnapping near Utah junior high has school, police warning parents (pageviews: 6897)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5569)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting (pageviews: 4499)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3945)
- Police: Suspect shot, hospitalized after exchanging gunfire with Orem officers (pageviews: 3255)