Logan Air Quality In Red Zone; USU vs. Utah Soccer Game Postponed
LOGAN, Utah – Air quality in Cache County dipped Friday even as other areas along the Wasatch Front began to pop up as “good” on the Air Quality Index.
A “good” day on the Air Quality Index is between zero and 50. In the Logan area, the numbers were between 109 and 158. (The AQI lists anything above 101 as “unhealthy-sensitive” and anything above 151 as “unhealthy.”)
Health officials specifically warn against outdoor physical activity when the AQI is so poor. Because of this, Utah State University postponed its soccer game against University of Utah.
If you’ve looked outside in Logan today, you know the air is not great… For everyone’s benefit, we are going to postpone today’s match against Utah. Stay tuned for updated info!
— Utah State Soccer (@USUsoccer) August 24, 2018
Utah State University released a statement saying the game, which was originally slated for Friday afternoon, will be rescheduled with a date and time to be announced.
“Due to the game rescheduling, the pregame Utah Youth Soccer Association Clinic scheduled for Friday has also been postponed,” according to the release. “The Utah Youth Soccer Clinic will now take place on Friday, Sept. 14, following the match against Eastern Washington.”
Go to KSL’s Air Quality Network page to view the AQI forecast.
- Anchorage Alaska Temple to be rebuilt, moved to a new location - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8444)
- Search warrant reveals neighbors discovered bodies of Haight family (pageviews: 7455)
- Body found inside limestone kiln in Salt Lake City foothills (pageviews: 6751)
- Slain Enoch girl texted friend that dad was acting strange and she was worried (pageviews: 5763)
- ‘Overwhelming’ response for radon testing after Lehi woman shares cancer diagnosis story - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5046)
- Snow College employee found dead in off-campus student housing unit (pageviews: 3984)