Decorating For Halloween Comes Daily For Layton Family And Their Skeletons
LAYTON, Utah – Decorating a yard for Halloween can be a full day’s work, but it’s every day’s work for the Voss family.
For the past three years, TJ and Shaylee Voss have made their collection of skeletons a constantly evolving display along Gentile Street, starting in early September and counting down to Oct. 31.
“(Bicyclists) are up and down the road all day long, and I was looking at the bikers and I was like, ‘You know, I have an idea for these skeletons,’” TJ Voss said. “It kind of blossomed from there. I was like, ‘I should just change it out every day and I just continued with it.’”
Displays so far this year have featured skeletons on a bicycle, skeletons in church, skeletons riding cars, skeletons having a barbecue and even skeletons doing the limbo.
Thursday’s display featured skeletons in a row boat.
“I always try to say, ‘Sunday (is) family time,’ or ‘spend your time with your family,’” Voss said.
Voss said their yard displays have been well-received, with numerous people either slowing down to take a look, or stopping to take a picture.
Some people have even taken the time to write thank-you letters.
“It just helps them have a better day,” Voss said.
The family just started a Layton Skeletons Facebook page Wednesday evening, and it had grown to 160 likes by late Thursday night.
“If it’s something as simple as a couple skeletons outside and it makes them have a better day, it makes it great,” Voss said.
- High winds, heavy snow warning for ‘hazardous conditions’ Friday morning - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 36760)
- Body in Provo identified as jogger killed in hit-and-run (pageviews: 18142)
- High winds, heavy snow warning for 'hazardous conditions' Friday morning (pageviews: 7530)
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil (pageviews: 6148)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 5835)
- Lehi mom stranded in snowstorm grateful for help from unexpected stranger - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5830)
- Winter storm leads to messy morning commute; schools moving online, delaying starts - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5795)