Harlem Globetrotters Showing Off Moves At Vivint Arena
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Harlem Globetrotters are showing off some skills in Salt Lake City this week, and KSL TV’s adventure specialists Trace Worthington and Sean Smith got a sneak peek.
The two got to chat with Globetrotter Thunder Law, who set a world record for the highest upward basketball shot in Salt Lake City.
Sean wanted to know how many shots it took.
“Come on, they call me ‘Thunder’ for a reason,” Thunder replied. “One try, man!”
It turns out Sean and Thunder have something in common — they were both cut from their school basketball teams.
Sean said his basketball career was over the day he was cut from his middle school team. Thunder, on the other hand, saw a different outcome.
“I got cut, too, in seventh grade,” Thunder said. “But I didn’t give up. I didn’t give up”
“It actually helped that I grew 10 inches, too,” he added.
In the spirit of having things in common, Thunder taught Trace a Globetrotter move. While it may not have been executed as finely as Thunder’s, Trace’s moves were pretty impressive.
It’s those moves that make a true Globetrotter.
“The great thing about a Globetrotter is you’ve got to be great basketball player, a great entertainer, and a great athlete,” Thunder said.
“And a great person!” Trace added.
The Globetrotters will take on the Washington Generals (whom they’ve managed to beat every time since 1971) on Nov. 3 at the Vivint Arena. There will be a game at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. For tickets and information, go to http://www.vivintarena.com/events/301.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7743)
- ‘They’re all in imminent danger’: Video shows violence after Utah prison allowed gangs to mingle (pageviews: 7192)
- Hiker with flip-flops grateful to be alive after fall at Bridal Veil Falls – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6691)
- St. George grandma pregnant, carrying son’s baby after his wife’s hysterectomy (pageviews: 3418)
- World record for longest long-range rifle shot broken Tuesday – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3153)
- World record for longest long-range rifle shot broken Tuesday (pageviews: 2768)