Ghorbani Says Democrats Are Just Getting Started
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Despite her loss to Republican Chris Stewart, Shireen Ghorbani told supporters that the results are proof the 2nd Congressional District isn’t as Republican as people may have thought.
Ghorbani says Democrats are just getting started and will continue to make change.
She says all Utahns need to have a voice, something she says she heard from so many people she spoke with during her campaign.
“People — Republicans, Independents, Democrats — do not feel heard or seen in this district. We need a representative who is engaged, who is talking with us,” she said.
— Caitlin Burchill (@newsyCaitlin) November 7, 2018
Ghorbani is referring to one of her campaign messages: that Stewart’s constituents don’t know who he is.
Stewart secured his fourth term and said he believed this was the most divisive election in his lifetime, but it’s up to everyone to change the negative tone of political discourse.
Stewart said he is proud of the tax reform passed by Congress and the work he’s done on the intelligence committee, as well as a bipartisan bill to create a three digit national hotline for suicide prevention.
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 11575)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9563)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting (pageviews: 5197)
- Attempted kidnapping near Utah junior high has school, police warning parents (pageviews: 3641)
- Live (pageviews: 2740)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County (pageviews: 2074)