Chris Pine, Aaron Taylor-Johnson Talk ‘Outlaw King’
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – In “Outlaw King,” legendary warrior and King of Scotland Robert Bruce is forced into exile by the English. He leads a band of outlaws to help him reclaim his home.
Film critic Jimmy Martin went to Scotland to discuss “Outlaw King” with the movie’s stars Pine and Aaron Taylor-Johnson, who plays James Douglas in the film.
“I definitely feel like there’s a pressure on your shoulders,” Taylor-Johnson said about bringing to life characters based on real people. “Not only to crack the accent, but also this was an historical event. James Douglas, for instance, was a legendary, notorious warrior for Scotland. … There’s a lot of pressure, I think.”
“I had to go off this constellation of dates and events and what he did and then try to understand why maybe he did it,” Pine said.
“Outlaw King” is on Netflix and in select theaters today.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7254)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 4854)
- One dead, one in critical condition after I-15 crash in Ogden (pageviews: 4398)
- 'He seemed prepared for battle:' Neighbors terrified after encounter with armed stranger (pageviews: 3683)
- Tooele man arrested, accused of biting off part of teen's ear (pageviews: 3016)
- One dead, one in critical condition after being hit while changing tires in Ogden (pageviews: 2865)