Volunteers Place ‘Big Betsy’ in Cold Water Canyon
WEBER COUNTY, Utah – About 100 volunteers with the group Follow the Flag hiked up Cold Water Canyon early Sunday morning to fly a flag they call Big Betsy.
At 150 feet by 78 feet, it’s the largest American flag to fly in history.
Today, it’s flying in honor of all veterans, but especially Major Brent Taylor who was killed on November 3rd while serving for the Utah National Guard in Afghanistan.
Weber County Sheriff’s Office Search and Rescue posted about the process to get the giant flag in place.
Follow along their journey in the captions. They are captioned exactly as they are on the posts. Photos are courtesy Weber County Sheriff’s Office Search and Rescue.
Here is the post from Weber County Sheriff’s Office Search and Rescue.
- Gephardt: Tracking Down $130K That Vanished After Bank Closes Woman’s Savings Account (pageviews: 23092)
- Community Rallies To Support Young Street Corner Entrepreneur (pageviews: 6782)
- New Utah Law Keeps Convicted Murderer From Parole Unless Body Found (pageviews: 4561)
- Rollover Crash In Carbon County Kills 1, Injures Multiple Others (pageviews: 3424)
- 7,200 Utahns Schedule To Receive COVID-19 Vaccine In Error (pageviews: 3240)
- Utah DWR Looking For Driver Who Allegedly Sped Up To Hit, Kill Deer (pageviews: 3164)
- Gephardt: Tracking Down $130K That Vanished After Bank Closes Woman’s Savings Account (pageviews: 3154)
- 22 More COVID Deaths Reported In Utah; Over 700K Vaccines Administered (pageviews: 2691)
- Man Dies In Rollover Crash Near Delta (pageviews: 2123)