Latest ‘Robin Hood’ Film Focuses On Action, Archery
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – “Robin Hood,” starring Taron Egerton and Jamie Foxx, is the latest iteration of an age-old story.
Film critic Jimmy Martin sat down with the stars to discuss the differences between this version of the story and the ones audiences have seen before.
“It’s almost unrecognizable as ‘Robin Hood’ in some respects,” Egerton said. “It’s a universe … that’s all its own, really. It’s set in the 1300s, but it’s sort of also modern. It’s all designed (to be) very fast-paced and high-energy.”
Ben Mendelsohn, who plays the Sheriff of Nottingham, said being asked to play the villain is a compliment.
“You want the audience to get more value than they’re asking,” he said.
“It’s a lot of fun,” Martin said. “… The action sequences are all a lot of fun. Teran Egerton, he plays a really good Robin Hood.”
He said there are some scenes that are reminiscent of a soap opera, and he’s also not a fan of the actress who plays Marian — Eve Hewson.
“With that said, though, the action is what everyone’s coming here for,” Martin said.
He offered high praise for all the archery scenes.
“There’s some things (Egerton) does with a bow and arrow that you’ll be surprised with,” he said. “I say check it out.”
“Robin Hood” is rated PG-13
- Kirstie Alley, Emmy-winning ‘Cheers’ star, dies at 71 (pageviews: 24529)
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 9347)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as 'the life of the party' (pageviews: 7132)
- ‘It’s kind of an eerie feeling;’ Utah man living in Hawaii witnesses Mauna Loa eruption - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4470)
- Utah family gets 'a measure of justice' in 50-year-old rape case (pageviews: 4133)
- Netflix's 'Falling for Christmas' filmed at these charming Utah locations (pageviews: 3798)