90-Year-Old Man Dies After Wrong-Way Crash
WEST JORDAN, Utah – A man who police say may have had a medical episode prior to a four-vehicle crash on Bangerter Highway late Tuesday afternoon died after the crash, officials said Wednesday.
Ronald Newsome, 90, died at a hospital, according to West Jordan police.
Newsome was driving a passenger car that was driving the wrong way on the highway when it collided with a West Valley police squad car before hitting a minivan head-on, police said. A fourth car then collided with the engine block of Newsome’s vehicle that had detached in the wreck, West Jordan Police Sgt. J.C. Holt said.
Six other people were injured in the crash, which remains under investigation.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7254)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 4854)
- One dead, one in critical condition after I-15 crash in Ogden (pageviews: 4398)
- 'He seemed prepared for battle:' Neighbors terrified after encounter with armed stranger (pageviews: 3683)
- Tooele man arrested, accused of biting off part of teen's ear (pageviews: 3016)
- One dead, one in critical condition after being hit while changing tires in Ogden (pageviews: 2865)