Sunset Man Arrested For Allegedly Enticing Minor In Layton
LAYTON, Utah – A Sunset man was arrested Thursday in a sting after he tried to entice a police officer who posed as a 13-year-old girl on an online chat application, police said.
Zachary Nilson, 28, was arrested on suspicion of enticing a minor and booked into Davis County Jail, Layton Police Lt. Travis Lyman said.
Lyman said Layton police and the FBI Child Exploitation Task Force collaborated in the sting.
A Layton police officer portrayed himself online as a 13-year-old girl and Nilson initiated a chat that was “sexual in nature” on a chat application. He then arranged to meet with the girl for sex, Lyman said.
Police intercepted Nilson as he arrived at the meeting location previously agreed upon and arrested him, Lyman added.
- Kirstie Alley, Emmy-winning ‘Cheers’ star, dies at 71 (pageviews: 23761)
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 6035)
- Two dead after crashing into parked truck (pageviews: 5428)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as 'the life of the party' (pageviews: 5364)
- ‘It’s kind of an eerie feeling;’ Utah man living in Hawaii witnesses Mauna Loa eruption - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4461)
- Utah Tech student dead after accidentally falling from balcony (pageviews: 3951)