Unified Police Announce DUI Checkpoint For Weekend
MILLCREEK, Utah – As drivers are making weekend plans leading up to the new year, Unified Police Department wants them to know they will be conducting a DUI checkpoint Friday.
The checkpoint will be at 3400 S. Highland Drive, Millcreek, from 9 p.m. – 2 a.m.
Authorities said they hope the DUI checkpoint will help drivers pick a safer option for getting home if they choose to drink.
This checkpoint comes just ahead of Utah’s new DUI law, which will take effect Dec. 30. The new law lowers the legal blood-alcohol level for drivers to .05 — the strictest in the nation.
- Church opening six new missions in 2023 (pageviews: 12259)
- Here is a list of stores open on Thanksgiving day for that last-minute ingredient - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7066)
- Utah deputies identify suspect in 1972 murder, rape case; still looking for second suspect (pageviews: 6499)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 5989)
- Utahn charged with assault after allegedly holding blade to woman's throat on flight (pageviews: 5264)
- Utah man buys humidifier found with five packages of cocaine in it (pageviews: 5001)
- Two injured in I-80 crash; several crashes reported as Thanksgiving travel picks up (pageviews: 4528)